Saturday, August 18, 2012

Dinner for 2


This is one of my quick fixes when hubby dear suddenly realizes he feels hungry. I boil chicken and freeze them in different zip-lock bags and freeze them. I use them in a variety of ways, sometimes shredded for soups or salads or even for fried rice and other times I just fry whole chicken pieces in a little oil and serve it with some cooked rice and broiled broccoli. 

For the chicken:
1 sliced onion
1 sliced tomato
1 whole chicken (with bones)
3 pips garlic cleaned and cut
1" ginger chopped fine
1 teaspoon black pepper powder
salt to taste

Fill a sauce pan with 2 cups of water. Cook the chicken along with all the ingredients for 15 minutes on slow fire or till the meat is cooked. Once done let it cool and bag it to freeze or use it immediately to fry. 

TIPS:

I have added a few tips that I use and have learnt from my extremely talented mum, mum-in-law and my aunts. 
  1. To add to the taste you can fry thinly sliced potato in the same oil that the chicken was fried and serve with the chicken stock/soup.
  2. The chicken stock that you get after cooking the meat can be used in making soups.
  3. The chicken stock can also be frozen in ice trays and used for future use in cooking to improve the taste of chicken dishes.


No comments:

Post a Comment