Monday, February 7, 2011

Mini Mouse Cake







"A baby is a gift and brings a world of new meaning to a parents world". It was just the other day that little Madison was born and already her mommy was getting ready for her 1st birthday party. Time flies and the little angel has grown to be a sweet little toddler.

             











The world of Walt Disney has always fascinated both young and old and Mickey Mouse and Mini Mouse has been a name that is recognized by every age. Madison chose her theme cake to be mini mouse. I was happy to make the cake for her. Her mommy then asked me if I could also make a few cupcakes and I was a little jittery since I never tried making cupcakes. I thought over it for a few days and decided that there is always a first time. I mustered the courage and started working on the bows for the cupcakes.
With all the hesitance I realized it is actually so much fun to make and decorate the cupcakes. The golden cupcakes were filled with strawberry filling and my own butter cream strawberry frosting. I was surprised at how well it turned out and cannot seem to remember the ingredients and quantity that I added. I remember getting upset with my darling mother when she couldn't give me quantities to the recipes I asked her. Well I was doing the same now but as long as the end was pretty that's all that mattered and I was glad that Madison enjoyed the cake.




















3 comments:

  1. I love the way the cake looks Arti... so loved it... Giselle will die for a theme cake like this one :)...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Nice Looking cake:)
    Did u use fondant for the decoration?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did use fondant for the cake...The cupcakes were of butter cream.

    ReplyDelete